Sunday, February 7, 2016

Hinokigongbang 히노키공방 - Japanese Food Between Sinchon and Hongdae 신촌하고 홍대 사이에 있는 일본 식당

Check out My Youtube Channel!

Hinokigongbang is a small Japanese place that is located in between Sinchon and Hongdae.  The restaurant is pretty small and only seats a few groups of people, so expect that you may have to wait to get a table if the restaurant is busy at all.  It has a nice cozy type of atmosphere and feels is a great place to go with friends or a date.

I have only been to this place once, but the food was very unique and felt like home cooking so I wanted to add them to the blog.  I ordered some kind of a beef dish, and my friend got the kimchi tonkatsu.  My beef dish had a very interesting flavor that I had not tasted in quite a long time.  It was definitely a decent dish, but to be honest the kimchi tonkatsu was a whole lot better.  The was a huge piece of pork breaded and fried in a sauce that contained kimchi and red peppers.

There is not much else that I can say about this place other than that if you like home cooking and small mom and pop restaurants this is a really unique experience to try if you are in the area.  I can't wait to go back to this place and try a few more of their menu items.



Storefront





Sign





Menu





More Menu Items





Menu





Drink Menu






Beef





Beef





Kimchi Tonkatsu

Check out My Youtube Channel!

Old Address System: 서울특별시 마포구 노고산동 56-18 1층

New Address System: 서울특별시 마포구 신촌로14안길 3

Hinokigongbang on Google Maps

Hinokigongbang on Naver Maps

Additional Blogs about Hinoki

Pics of Menu and Food

Extensive Pics of Interior, Menu, Food

More Food Pics

No comments:

Post a Comment