Saturday, April 2, 2016

Kervan Turkish Bakery and Desert - Itaewon 이태원

Check out My Youtube Channel!

Kervan is a tiny little shop that serves Turkish bakery delights and deserts and is located in Seoul's vibrant Itaewon district.  Itaewon and the surrounding area is filled with excellent restaurants and places to eat particularly if you are interested in eating really authentic foreign food.  Itaewon is the place to go for a little taste of home for many cultures.

I have been to Kervan several times and it is probably my favorite place to go for baklava in all of Seoul.  The reason I like this place over others is because they use an excessive amount of honey and sugar so whatever you order is a complete sweet fest.  I have taken other friends here who do not have the same sweet tooth I do and they have not enjoyed it as much as me, so this is a matter of opinion.

The baklava is nut filled and extremely tasty.  As with any baklava it is crunchy and flaky, but as I said above the owners cover it with generous portions of honey which make it a bit more malleable.  The result of this is some of the best baklava in the city and I recommend giving this place a try.

This restaurant also makes a variety of other Turkish candies and deserts as well as coffee, tea and other drinks you'd find at a cafe.  The tea is very strong and bitter which I love, but I have not tried anything else on the menu.




Storefront




Bread and Baklava



Baked Goods




Tea and Baklava


Old Address System: 서울특별시 용산구 이태원동 126-2

New Address System: 서울특별시 용산구 이태원로 204

Kervan on Google Maps

Kervan on Naver Maps

Additional Blogs about Kervan

Blog with Excellent Pics

Blog with Nice Pics

More Good Pics

No comments:

Post a Comment