Monday, January 25, 2016

Wangno 왕노 - Hanu in Yatap Bundang 본당 야탑 한우집

I have been working in Bundang near Yatap station for about the past year and so I have tried just about every single restaurant in the area.  There is one that has a lunch menu that trumps just about every other lunch menu in the area and that restaurant is of course Wangno.

The entire staff in this place is super friendly and the owner always greets by name and with a smile as I walk into this place.  This place is always super crowded around lunch time and despite it being quite big, there is still sometimes even a line.  The place has the atmosphere of a large busy and bustling restaurant, but is still clean and classy.  It is the type of place you might go with your coworkers during your lunch break.

Every single item on the lunch menu is fantastic in every way imaginable.  The food is excellent, it comes with tons of sides and the price is right as well.  I have tried everything on the menu and I have never been disappointed, but there are a few items that I would like to highlight.  The gugbap is some of the best I have ever had.  It comes with generous portions of hanu and is filled with fresh vegetables.  This is one of my favorite items.

Another great item is the dwenjangjjigae which also comes with generous portions of hanu making it stand out from other places that I have gone that serve a similar dish.  If you end up going with multiple people one of the best things to order is the jaeyuk.  This pork dish is unlimited refill at Wangno and they will also bring you as much salad (쌈/ssam) as you want.  It is covered in a delicious sauce that can sometimes be very spicy but it is not overpowering here at Wangno.

Also there are usually about six sides that come with anything that you order.  All of which are usually fresh vegetables.  Some times I have an issue with too much pepper which is a complaint that I often have in Korean restaurants particularly in Seoul.  However, Wangno's veggies are usually so fresh that it makes up for excessive use of peppers if it is indeed a day that there are many peppers are used.  Often times extremely good sides are made here including things like jeon (Korean pancakes), odeng (fish cakes) or real fish.

Wangno is actually a hanu place that serves meat, but as I have only ever eaten lunch at this place, I have no idea was the meat is like.  Since the lunch menu is so good I'd still recommend giving it a try and I'd like to myself if I had the opportunity.





Storefront




Lunch Menu





Banchan/Sides





Gugbap




Old Address System: 경기도 성남시 분당구 야탑동 375-16

New Address System: 경기도 성남시 분당구 장미로100번길 20

Wangno on Google Maps

Wangno on Naver Maps

Additional Blogs about Wangno

Tons of Pics of Restaurant, Meat, Sides, Etc.

Pics of Menu, Hanu, Etc.

Pics of Restaurant, Meat, Sides

No comments:

Post a Comment