Thursday, January 7, 2016

Pasta Dello Chef 파스타 델로 쉐프 - Sinchon 신촌

As I was looking for blogs about another Pasta restaurant in Sinchon, I kept getting bombarded with posts about this restaurant, so I figured I had to give it a try and I was pleasantly surprised.  I am not sure how long this place has been in business, but I had not noticed it until relatively recently.

I went to this place with a Korean friend of mine, and we were greeted by a Turkish woman who had near perfect Korean.  The restaurant is in the basement, and the interior is nice and classy.  It is the type of place you could go with friends or on a date.

There are several different set options at this place and all of them are an excellent deal.  They serve three food items and two drinks for about 25,000 won.  You can choose whether you want two pastas or one pizza and one pasta, and a salad.  The drinks are regular sodas like ciders, colas, and the like.

The salad in this place contains real salad greens and a minimal amount of iceberg lettuce, something which I appreciate as I am not a fan of iceberg lettuce all that much.  The dressing tastes like something you would find in a western country.  It was sweet as I believe it was made with some kind of fruit and it definitely added a nice touch.

We ordered a cream pasta which was creamy, but not to the extreme levels that Koreans sometimes take it to.  It was served in a bread bowl and also came with bacon and broccoli.  We ordered a half and half pizza that half gorgonzola and the other half being injeolmi (인절미) which is a Korean powder made from rice and beans.  It is usually served as a desert item.  I have seen injeolmi ice cream and injeolmi bingsu, but this is the first time that I had ever seen it on a pizza and I was pleasantly surprised.  It did definitely have a unique flavor, but that is not a bad thing.  I'd only recommend this to more adventurous readers who would like to try something new.  If you are looking for something more standard go with one of the other choices.






Sets




Pastas




Pizza





Drinks




Pasta





Pizzas and Salads




Drinks




Salad



\


Pasta in a Bread Bowl






Pizza




Old Address System: 서울특별시 서대문구 창천동 2-33 지하

New Address System: 서울특별시 서대문구 명물길 41

Pasta Dello Chef on Google Maps

Pasta Dello Chef on Naver Maps

Additional Blogs about Pasta Dello Chef

Extensive Pics of Interior and Food

Nice Pics of Food

Pics of Interior and Food

No comments:

Post a Comment