Sunday, January 31, 2016

Gordes - Chain Cake Place

Gordes is a chain cake restaurant that has locations at least in Sinchon and Myeongdong.  Their cakes are quite a bit better than a lot of the other big places like this and that is how Gordes made it onto this blog.  I recommend looking for the Gordes in your area and going over and giving them a try.

I have had several of the cakes in this place and I have enjoyed all of them.  The one that I used to get all the time was the banana cake which was kind of like banana bread with cream between the layers.  This was always my favorite, but I haven't seen it in a while so I think it may have gotten replaced with another type of cake.

There are also several fruit tarts which are all great.  The two that really stick out in my mind are covered in either grapes or berries and have a cream base and a pie crust.  This last cake that I had was a mix of chocolate and cream with pieces of black cherry in the center.  It was a great mix and absolutely delicious.

The final thing that is really cool about this place is that it is a cake cafe which means that you can order only cake and no drink is required as it is at several other cafes which saves a bit of money.  They also have a bread section, but I have never tried any of it, so I cannot comment on its quality.




Storefront





Bread





Cake





Chocolate Black Cherry Cream Cake





Sinchon Location

Old Address System: 서울특별시 서대문구 창천동 31-15

New Address System: 서울특별시 서대문구 연세로 32

Gordes Sinchon Location on Google Maps

Gordes Sinchon Location on Naver Maps

Myeongdong Location

Old Address System: 서울특별시 중구 을지로2가 199-39 명동아르누보센텀 107호

New Address System: 서울특별시 중구 명동7길 21 명동아르누보센텀

Gordes Myeongdon Location on Google Maps

Gordes Myeongdong Location on Naver Maps

Additional Blogs about Gordes

Extensive Pics of Cafe, Bread, Cakes, Etc.

Lots of Pics of Cafe, Cakes, Drinks

Pics of Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment