Saturday, June 11, 2016

Food Trucks at the River! - Yeoido 여의도

Check out My Youtube Channel!

I love spending time outdoors and one of my favorite things to do in the summer in Korea is to go down to Han River and get a bike.  There are quite a few places you can rent a bike down there for an extremely reasonable 3,000 won an hour so I usually go down there all the time during spring and summer.  I was spending my usual time down at the river and got a bike and ended up just hanging around until the evening.

Quite to my surprise a ton of food trucks started pulling up all over the place along the river.  There must have been at least fifty of them out there serving all different kinds of food both Western and Asian.  There were Japenese, Korean, Cuban, American, Hawaiian and all different kinds of other food prepared right along the beautiful Han River.  There was not only food for sale but a handful of other vendors selling necklaces, jewelry and a bunch of other hand made items.

The river is lovely at night and the food trucks make an awesome experience.  I asked about them and they said that they will be there from Thursday to Sunday every week until October.  Although this was awesome to see and a great experience, not everything about the food truck is great.  A few of the immediate drawbacks I noticed included: not so high quality food, higher prices and extremely long lines.  I think they need to start some sort of ticketing system so you can just go sit down rather than standing in this ridiculously long line for an hour to get a burger.

We went to two food trucks getting a couple burgers and a Cuban sandwich.  The Cuban sandwich place I do not recommend as the food was highly mediocre and there are tons of much better places that have popped up around Seoul.  The burger was a greasy and cheesy delight which I really did enjoy and it was great to enjoy it riverside.




Food Trucks on the Left; Vendors on the Right



More Food Trucks



Cuban Sandwich

The food trucks are located near where the cherry blossom trees are along with the little swimming area for kids.  It is more on the Western side of the island close to the National Assembly.  They are very close to the water side stage in Yeoido called the 여의도물빛무대 (Yeoido mulbitmude).



Additional Blogs about Yeoido Food Trucks



No comments:

Post a Comment