Thursday, March 10, 2016

Jokbotong 족보통 - Hongdae 홍대

Check out My Youtube Channel!

Jokbotong is a jokbal and bossam place that I just stumbled across as I was looking for somewhere to eat.  I went here for lunch and as such had an item that was on their lunch menu and cannot be purchased in the evening.  It was the bossam jungshik which was very delicious indeed.

Probably the most impressive part about the entire meal was the quality of the meat.  I have never had bossam that tasted the way that it came out in this place in my life.  This place definitely had a really unique flavor and it was wonderful.  It felt as though it had perhaps been fried as well as boiled and while during the boil they definitely used a wide array of spices.

About five side dishes came out along side the meat, all of which were fantastic.  The kimchi was really sour which is something that I like a lot and there was another peppery anchovy dish as well.  Along with that came seaweed a leafy green vegetable and bean sprouts which are all pretty typical in Korea.  It came with two typical sauces to dip your meat in as well as the standard bossam kimchi that always come with bossam, lettuce and a dwenjang jjigae.  The jjigae was also really fantastic containing a ton of the bean paste and tofu.  It had a very strong flavor.

This place is really good and I recommend giving it a try for the unique flavor of the bossam alone.





Storefront



Bossam




Full Spread


Check out My Youtube Channel!

Old Address System: 서울특별시 마포구 동교동 204-57

New Address System: 서울특별시 마포구 월드컵북로6길 60

Jokbotong on Google Maps

Jokbotong on Naver Maps

An Additional Blog about Jokbotong

A Blog about Jokbotong

No comments:

Post a Comment