Friday, December 25, 2015

The Baker's Table - German Restaurant and Bakery - Itaewon

The Baker's Table is a German style restaurant and bakery located near Haebangchon and Geongridan.  I have been to this place several times, and to be perfectly frank I think it is quite hit or miss.  Some of their menu items are fantastic and other things I thought were just OK.

The Baker's Table has the atmosphere of a calm cafe, where you can still get real food.  It feels like those cafe/bar/restaurant mixes that really only exist in Europe.  It is a great place for a relaxed brunch on a calm Sunday morning.  It has a relaxed and calm cafe vibe.

I have had a few of the paninis, sandwiches and some of the other entrees that they serve at this place, but I have actually never made it down there to try the brunch.  I thought the paninis were not really all that good, but most of the other dishes were pretty good.

I have had a few of their sandwiches and I thought they were quite good.  One in particular that is really nice is the steak sandwich.  It comes with a generous portion of steak, and the freshness of the vegetables in the sandwich are really what makes it so good.

The entree that I had that I thought was quite good was the schnitzel.  The meat portions are very generous, and the schniztel comes in two varieties.  I recommend the one that comes with mashed potatoes and mushrooms, because the sides are at least as good as the meat itself.

The bread in this place is a mixed bag.  I enjoyed some of it and I didn't enjoy others.  One thing to be aware of is this is a German place, so the bread tends to be quite think, especially compared to other places in Korea.  If you experiment around you can find something you like here.






Schnitzel with Fries






Schnitzel with Mashed Potatoes and Mushrooms




Old Address System: 서울특별시 용산구 이태원동 691

New Address System: 서울특별시 용산구 녹사평대로 244-1




Additional Blogs about The Baker's Table:







No comments:

Post a Comment